Shop

My New Shop
MTS Creations

Subscribe to My YouTube Channel

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Velcro & Spice & Now Everything's Nice

Q: What are Little Boys Made Of?
A: Ideas!

So my wife asked me if I could build her a spice rack because our cabinet was getting full and she was having a hard time finding the right spice.
She asked if I could build one onto the door of the cupboard. I looked at it and said well there are some issues with trying to build something onto the door because the middle section of the door is far too thin. Then there was the issue that if I did build something onto the door that it would protrude into the cupboard and the shelving units would get in the way and have to be worked around.
Then my Make:ing spirit came out and I told her that I had an idea. The more I thought about my idea the more "white trash" I thought it would be.
I then told her my idea and she said, "I like it!".
So, I went to the basement and grabbed the roll of Velcro that I insisted we buy (because you can never have enough Velcro).
I cut a few strips out and started mounting the spices to the cupboard door. Now she can see the spices and read their labels very clearly.


No comments: